World Book Day – 2nd March 2017
World Book Day is a celebration! It’s a celebration of authors, illustrators, books and (most importantly) it’s a celebration of reading. In fact, it’s the biggest celebration of its kind, designated by UNESCO as a worldwide celebration of books and reading, and marked in over 100 countries all over the world.
This is the 20th year there’s been a World Book Day, and on 2nd March 2017 children of all ages will come together to appreciate reading. Very loudly and very happily. The main aim of World Book Day in the UK and Ireland is to encourage children to explore the pleasures of books and reading by providing them with the opportunity to have a book of their own.
There are ten books which have been written especially for World Book Day and you can buy them with your World Book Day tokens which will be handed out in schools and nurseries. These exclusive books are available from participating bookstores - but we have also featured a selection of great books by these authors in this special section to mark World Book Day 2017.
1. Peppa Loves World Book Day
2. Everyone Loves Underpants by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort
3. Where's Wally? The Fantastic Journey by Martin Handford
4. The Famous Five; Good Old Timmy by Enid Blyton
5. Horrid Henry Funny Fact Files by Francesca Simon
6. Princess Mirror-Belle and Snow White by Julia Donaldson & Lydia Monks
7. Butterfly Beach by Jacqueline Wilson & Nick Sharratt
8. A Story for World Book Day by David Walliams
9. Island by David Almond
10. Dead of Night by Michael Grant
And the O'Brien Press Exclusive Irish World Book Day Book
Fast Forward by Judi Curtin
When I was a lad at school around 13 years old, our Maths teacher used to call me Wol. At the end of the year as we were moving up a class I plucked up courage to ask why he called me Wol. He told meit was thename of the deslexic owl in Winnie the Pooh. With my Harry Potter glasses he said I looked like the Wise Old Owl in the Winnie the Pooh stories.
Being the vain person I am I took it as a compliment
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us:
Or use our contact form.