3. Christmas Track: Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
4. Christmas Carol: O Holy Night
5. Christmas Film: Polar Express
6. Something to Prepare:
Buy Christmas Double Issue Radio Times & Christmas VIZ and Christmas Good Housekeeping
7. Children's Christmas Picture Book: Happy Christmas Maisy by Lucy Cousins
8. Children's Christmas Paprtback:
Horrlble History - Horrible Christmas - Terry Deary & Martin Brown
9. Adult Christmas Book:: White Christmas - The Story of the Song - Jody Rosen
10. Christmas Cracker Joke:
Why is it getting harder to buy Advent calendars? Because their days are numbered!
11. A Christmas Number:
100m sales of the biggest festive single ever, White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby in 1942 in Holiday Inn. It won the Irving Berlin film Oscar for best song.
12. An Amazing Christmas Fact:
The amount that will be wasted in the UK on unwanted gifts is £700m
13. Christmas Character: Mrs Clause
14. Unusual Gifts:
Crosley Messenger Portable Vinyl Record Player £90 From John Lewis, Amazon
15. TV AD:
Aldi 2015 spoofs John Lewis Christmas ad with its own man on the moon
16. EWAN'S ADVENT MESSAGE: We went to the pantomime to see Jack and the Beanstalk at The Theatre Royal, Nottingham with Mamma & grandad and Brother Rory & Cousins Freya & Baby George. It was a pantomime in itself. It was a long time to sit in one place, 2 hours 20 minutes that is 140 minutes, that is more than a million minutes. But I did it, under pressure. But then when we were going home mamma and grandad left me with mum and dad. That did it, it was the last straw, I freaked.
17. GEORGE'S ADVENT MESSAGE: I went to the pantomime to see Jack and the Beanstalk at The Theatre Royal, Nottingham with Mamma & grandad and Sister Freya & Cousins Rory & George. Wow, what an experience, that was, I’ll tell you in my next blog. But Santa obviously forgot to turn up. That means one of two things. He’s forgetful and might not turn up or Christmas is over and I slept through it.
18 A CHRISTMAS ALBUM – CD
Christmas With The Rat Pack
1. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Dean Martin
2. Mistletoe and Holly - Frank Sinatra
3. Christmas Time All Over the World - Sammy Davis Jr.
4. The First Noel - Frank Sinatra
5. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Dean Martin
6. I Believe - Frank Sinatra
7. Silver Bells - Dean Martin
8. The Christmas Song - Sammy Davis Jr.
9. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Frank Sinatra
10. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - Dean Martin
11. The Christmas Waltz - Frank Sinatra
12. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - Dean Martin
13. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra
14. Peace On Earth/Silent Night - Dean Martin
15. Jingle Bells - Sammy Davis Jr.
16. White Christmas - Dean Martin
17. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - Frank Sinatra
18. Winter Wonderland - Dean Martin
19. I'll Be Home for Christmas (If Only in My Dreams) - Frank Sinatra
20. A Marshmallow World - Frank Sinatra
21. Auld Lang Syne - Frank Sinatra
19 .A CHRISTMAS LIST
CHRISTMAS & SANTA FACTS LIST
1 Off The Rich List
Until 2006, Santa Claus was top of the Forbes Fictional Rich List – it was reckoned that he must have unlimited funds to be able to give toys to all the children in the world each year. Forbes speculated that the reason for his philanthropy is that he is tormented by his infinite wealth, and wants to give it away. On the other hand, they also noted that his elves had to put up with low wages, lack of health care and the harsh ways of ‘Claws’, including exploiting under-age children who had been ‘naughty’. They also noted his dark side: gifts of coal to some children, and ill-treatment of reindeer.
Santa had to be removed from the list in 2006 – ‘Daddy’ Warbucks (from Annie) replaced him - because Forbes was 'bombarded' by letters from outraged children insisting that Santa is real. They said: ‘We don't claim to have settled the ongoing controversy concerning Claus' existence, but after taking into account the physical evidence -toys delivered, milk and cookies devoured - we felt it was safer to remove him from consideration’.
2 Santa Claus has the right idea: visit people once a year. - Victor Borge
3 Santa Claus has his own postal code in Canada: HOH OHO.
4 Until the mid-19th century, Santa Claus always rode a donkey.
5 According to tradition, St. Nicholas restored to life 3 small boys who had been cut up and pickled in a tub to be served as bacon.
6 The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
7 Benjamin Franklin nearly killed himself in 1750 trying to electrocute a turkey for Christmas dinner.
7 I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying 'Toys not included'.
8 Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is a girl.
9 During the Second World War, cutting down trees for Christmas was forbidden - this was widely ignored.
10 One acre of Christmas trees produces enough oxygen each day to sustain 18 people.
11 The world's heaviest snowfall in a 24-hour period is 190 cm on April 15, 1921 in Silver Lake, Colorado.
12 No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. - Voltaire
13 New York gets 15 times as much snow as the South Pole.
15 A snowflake that falls on a glacier in central Greenland can take 200,000 years to reach the sea
When I was a lad at school around 13 years old, our Maths teacher used to call me Wol. At the end of the year as we were moving up a class I plucked up courage to ask why he called me Wol. He told meit was thename of the deslexic owl in Winnie the Pooh. With my Harry Potter glasses he said I looked like the Wise Old Owl in the Winnie the Pooh stories.
Being the vain person I am I took it as a compliment
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us:
Or use our contact form.